EKIDE GROUP joins the United Nations Global Compact
Ekide Group, at its last Board of Directors meeting in March 2021, decided to join the United Nations Global Compact, unequivocally demonstrating its commitment to ethics and human rights.
At Ekide Group, we support and develop the Ten Principles of the Global Compact, referring to Human Rights, Labour Rights, the Environment, and the Fight against Corruption. We are committed to making the Global Compact and its principles part of our strategy, our culture, and our daily actions, as well as engaging in cooperative projects that contribute to the broader United Nations Development Goals, in particular the Sustainable Development Goals.
The Ten Principles of the UN Global Compact are derived from:
- The Universal Declaration of Human Rights.
- The International Labour Organisation’s Declaration on Fundamental Principles and Rights at Work.
- The Rio Declaration of the United Nations Conference on Environment and Development.
- The United Nations Convention against Corruption.
The Ten Principles of the Global Compact are as follows:
- Businesses should support and respect the protection of internationally proclaimed human rights.
- Make sure that they are not complicit in human rights abuses.
- Businesses should uphold the freedom of association and the effective recognition of the right to collective bargaining.
- The elimination of all forms of forced and compulsory labour.
- The effective abolition of child labour.
- The elimination of discrimination in respect of employment and occupation.
- Businesses should support a precautionary approach to environmental challenges.
- Undertake initiatives to promote greater environmental responsibility.
- Encourage the development and diffusion of environmentally friendly technologies.
- Businesses should work against corruption in all its forms, including extortion and bribery.